How can I factory reset an iPhone that is locked?
Are you struggling with the problem when your iPhone is locked, and you need to opt for factory data reset to get access to your phone back? It is seen many iPhone users struggle with the same problem. Sometimes they forget their iPhone passcode, and that creates the need to factory data reset, and the user can access the account back. You need not to worry if you are facing the question of how can I reset a locked iPhone? Mention below the ways that will help the user to facilitate the factory data reset when they forget the password or their iPhone is locked.
How can I reset a locked iPhone?
Ways for factory data reset
Method 1: Factory data reset without iTunes
The iPhone unlocker tool is the most straightforward and effective way to factory data reset when you forget your password. You can use it by below mentioned steps-
- iPhone needs to be plug into the computer or laptop with a USB cable and open the unlocking tool, and tap on the start button.
- Now the suitable Ios firmware needs to be selected and download. In the case of the previous download, you need to select it.
- Then verify and continue.
- Now user needs to enter the information that is required to be filled in and then click on unlock.
- Now after the unlock process completion, factory data is reset, and original settings will appear.
Method 2: Factory data reset with iTunes-
Using iTunes is the option to erase data along with the passcode. Here you need to enter the recovery mode initially that depends upon the use of the iPhone. You can now follow the below-mentioned steps to get factory data reset with iTunes.
- Disconnect your iPhone with computer and switch off the iPhone
- Now you are required to enter the recovery mode.
- For iPhone 8/8 Plus and later: You are asked to connect your iPhone with the computer and hold the Side button. You are required to hold the button, and then you will see the recovery-mode screen.
- For an iPhone before iPhone 7, you must connect your iPhone to your computer while holding the Home button and hold it until the recovery mode screen appears.
- For iPhone 7/7 Plus: You require to connect your iPhone to your laptop and hold the Volume Down button. And by holding the button, the recovery mode screen will appear, and the user can select recovery mode.
- Tap on restore option that appear, and then your data is erased completely, and you need to set up your iPhone again.
Method 3: Wipe locked iPhone via iCloud
Sometimes, the user faces difficulty in wiping the locked phone, and the question How do you wipe an iPhone without the passcode. So there is another option to wipe the data via iCloud. Here are some steps that will help the user to erase the locked iPhone without a passcode.
- Firstly customers ask to go to iCloud.com on their computer or laptop, and they require to sign in with the Apple ID and password that you use on your iPhone.
- Now various options will appear, and you are required to Choose Find iPhone from the options available.
- Then an option will appear for all devices. You are required to select all devices, and now the user requires selecting the locked iPhone.
- Finally, the option of erasing the iPhone will appear; you need to choose Erase iPhone to get your factory data to reset of the locked iPhone.