How do I Reset my Outlook Password if I Forgot it?
With every passing day, the need to remember the passwords is increasing immensely as most of the online services and applications require password protection.
Resetting Outlook account password
Creating a unique and strong password is the aim of most users, but there are times when this security feature creates a lot of problems while accessing the email services. Luckily, for the users who are looking for details on How do I reset my Outlook password if I forgot it, they can go through the recovery steps discussed to reset Outlook account password.
Reasons why users lose access to their Outlook account
Before heading on with the process, the user should have complete info on why they are facing login issues with their Outlook account. So, here is the list of reasons that can lead to login issues with the Outlook account:
- Forgotten password
- Technical glitches
- Server outage
- Internet connectivity
How do I reset my Outlook 365 Password?
Ways to reset Outlook account password on various devices
The procedure to resolve the query on how do I reset my Outlook 365 password is quite simple. All one requires that they have created an alternative email or phone number for their Outlook email services. Besides, if required, the user can feel free to reach out to customer service for assistance.
Steps to recover password for the Outlook email account:
- Begin the process by visiting the official page and click on the Forgot password link.
- On a particular page, the user needs to click on the Reset account password option.
- Then, on the password reset page, the user needs to provide the email address and enter the security captcha.
- After that, the user can opt for the option to receive the security code over email or phone number.
- Further, the user for the user who has selected the alternative email option, can open their alternative email and get the security code.
- And for those who have opted to receive code over the phone can for the same in text.
- Further, the user can mention the received code and complete the account verification process.
- After the account is verified, the user can create a new password for the Outlook email account.
Thus, with the completion of this process, the query on How do I reset my Outlook password if I forgot it is resolved. However, for the users who wish to reset the Outlook account password on the iPhone, they can check out the alternative procedure mentioned below.
How do I reset my Outlook password on my iPhone?
Steps to reset Outlook account password on iPhone
To help out the users with the procedure on how do I reset my Outlook password on my iPhone, they can go through the steps discussed below:
- On the iPhone, open the Outlook app and click on the forgot password link/
- Then, visit the recovery page for the Outlook account and continue.
- Mention the email account and opt for the recovery option to receive the code.
- Further, mention the code to recover the account and complete the verification process.
- After that, create a new password for the Outlook email account and re-access the email services.
Besides, if the user fails to reset their Outlook email account, they can feel free to contact the help center to seek the required help and access uninterrupted email services.