Why Is My HP Printer Not Working With My Mac?
We come across many users who rely entirely on their Mac device to perform their office work, and when they face issues with their device, they are all frustrated. Several factors can hamper the performance of your Mac and printer, and both of your devices turn out to be incompatible with each other. You can therefore go for the steps below to eradicate the issue.
- Cables and connection:
The printer cable might get disconnected, and you may not have noticed. You can detach the wires between the computer and printer and then reconnect, ensuring that your device's connections are tight.
- Network issue:
Macs that are networked through Apple Talk may present their connection issues with the printer. If your web browser is not available and your file-sharing options are off, then your printer cannot communicate with your Mac. You can select the "System preference" from the Apple menu. Then, you have to click on the "Network" icon, then advanced and then click on the "Apple talk."
These are the things that you need to take care of to get the answer to the question, "Why is my HP printer not working with my Mac?" We hope that the points as mentioned earlier are clear to you. You can also opt to get in touch with the customer care executives to seek the answers to your questions. The users also want to learn about connecting the HP printer with Mac. Let us see the process below.
How to connect HP printer with Mac:
- First, you will have to click on Apple symbols on the top left corner and click on the tab of "System preferences."
- After that, you will have to hit on the "Printers and scanners" icon and tap on the plus "+" sign so that you can add the printer. You might also have to tap on "Add printer" after clicking on the plus sign.
- It will open a new window where you need to click on the IP icon that you will find at the top and then fill out the information.
- You need to add the printer to your computer now, and it should display in the list once you configure it. You can now print a test page so that you can confirm whether your printer is functioning correctly.
With the points mentioned above, you will get the answer to the question, "How do I connect my HP printer to my Mac?" You can get the support the customer care executives to find out more about connecting the printer with your Mac.
How do I reinstall my printer on Mac:
- The first step is to go to the appropriate support printer model page and then download the necessary driver.
- Then, you will have to open the file you downloaded and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver software.
- Now, you need to click on "Quit" when done.
- You need to select "System preferences" and hit the tab of "Print and fax."
- In case you are using the network connection, you will have to click one button to add the printer.
- You can now click on "More printers," select "Epson TCP/IP," and select your printer.
If your printer is not displayed, you will have to input the IP address in the DNS field and hit the "Verify" option.
We hope that the answer to the question, “How do I reinstall my printer on Mac?” is clear to you. Call on the helpline number to seek more help from the executives.