How to Get The 6 Digit Code For Instagram
Instagram popularity in today’s time has crossed the heights and nearly every other person who is an internet user is obsessed with the internet. And Instagram makes sure to provide its users with double-check privacy policies so that their account remains safe and secure.
Requesting for the six-digit code from Instagram
Instagram users, if they ever forget the password of the Instagram account can easily fix it with the help of a recovery code. You can request the recovery code on Instagram and then enter it on the verification page while changing or recovering the password of the Instagram account. If you are trying to find how do I get the 6 digit code for Instagram then you can easily do it following the below-given steps.
Request the six-digit code on Instagram with two-factor authentication
If you have enabled two-factor authentications in your Instagram account then you will find a code in your email or through the text. Two-factor authentication is a double-layer security measure that gives you one security code that you have to enter before the password.
- To begin with, first of all, log in to your account using the correct username and password. Moving on, tap on the alphabet icon or your profile which is in the right bottom corner.
- Now tap on the list of options followed by the settings icon.
- Next pick the security settings and then tap on the link of two-factor authentication.
- After this, you will be asked to choose the link of recovery codes and now follow the online instructions to update the settings.
How can I get an Instagram code?
Canceling the recovery code of Instagram
Other than finding how can I get an Instagram code, you can also cancel the settings of the recovery code. Following similar steps, you can easily cancel the current code and request the new ones.
- Tap on your profile icon or the display picture in the bottom right corner and then move to the dashboard.
- Pick the settings section and then pick the link of security.
- After this, select the option of two-factor authentication and then recovery code.
- After this pick the link of getting the new recovery codes.
And once you are done, you would easily be able to request the recovery code or cancel the old ones to accept the new ones.
Things to do if you are unable to receive any recovery code
If you have not updated your recovery information then you won’t be able to receive any type of recovery code. And this type of issue arises daily and to fix it, you can probably use the following mediums.
- To access the recovery code of 6 digits, first of all, go and check if you have updated the correct information like a phone number or not.
- Ensure that the phone number is inserted in a phone and working actively.
- If you have given access to your email address then ensure to log in to the account properly and keep it updated.
- You can request the recovery code once again if it gets failed for the first time.
Why am I not getting the 6 digit code from Instagram?
And hence you are done! With help of the following steps, you can always find out why am I not getting the 6 digit code from Instagram. For more information, contact the customer care team of Instagram.
How to Fix Instagram Not Sending a Verification Code?
If you have added security to your Instagram account, then you will get a security code on your selected option that you add at the time of account creation. Whenever you sign in to your Instagram account on a new device or sometimes even on a previous device, Instagram sends you a security code required to access or recover your account. But occasionally, users do not receive any verification code due to varied reasons and find it difficult to access their account. There are lots of simple troubleshooting steps that can help you to resolve this issue.
Here’s how to fix if you are not getting a code from Instagram:
First of all, you should check your internet connection which is highly required to get a verification code on your device. You can also use your cellular data instead of using a Wi-Fi connection to get a code.
Wait for some time before or after making a new verification code request because sometimes code doesn’t come due to network issues.
You can also try another verification method instead of phone and check if the problem is resolved.
The above-given steps can help you know why I am not getting the 6 digit code from Instagram and its fixes in an effortless manner. If you are still not getting code, then you can contact the customer service team at Instagram.