How can you lock your Facebook profile in the USA?
Facebook is widely popular and its popularity is growing day by day. With the growth in popularity, grows the threats to the Facebook accounts by the intruding activities. These kinds of unwanted activities can happen with your FB account too. Someone who is not your Facebook friend might intrude into your account, copy data from your profile, or access your private information.
To prevent this kind of happenings, Facebook introduced the feature of locking your profile. With this feature, you can lock your FB profile so that anyone who is not your Facebook friend, can not look, open or copy any private information that you do not want to share with strangers. There will be a virtual lock over your profile picture, posts, and account information. If you reside in the United States and have a ‘How can I lock my Facebook profile in USA?’ query, keep reading this article. Here you will learn about all the information regarding locking your FB profile.
What exactly is the Facebook Profile Lock feature and what are its benefits?
Facebook brings the feature of locking your FB profile to protect its users’ privacy. The main purpose of this feature is to protect your account from the strangers who can observe your profile, intentionally copy your private data, and use it illegally. With this feature, the users can guard their private information like profile pictures, and their personal posts. For instance, under this feature, the profile picture guard will prohibit the intruders to open, zoom, or download the picture. You can learn everything about this by searching How do I lock my Facebook profile 2020 on the web. In the coming section read the key benefits of the Facebook Lock profile option:
- No intruders can open or save your profile picture.
- Nobody other than your friends can access your profile, your posts, or visible information.
- Even if someone is tagged in your post, there will be no access to see that post until they are your FB friends or you allow them.
- Apart from your posts, timeline or profile, an unknown person can not even see your FB stories.
- Only a tiny glimpse of your profile picture and cover photo, and your name will be visible to the strangers.
How can you lock your Facebook profile on any device?
No matter what device you use, the Facebook Lock Profile feature is accessible for every account and on every device. If you want to know How do I lock my Facebook profile on Samsung, iPhone, or any other device, follow the steps given below:
- Open the web browser and head to Facebook’s website.
- Now login to your Facebook account by entering your login credentials.
- Now, on the homepage of your profile, click on the More option available under your name.
- There you will find the Lock Profile feature. Click on that option.
- Lastly, again click on the Lock your profile button to lock your profile.
You will get a confirmation that you have successfully locked your FB profile. Now, only your friends can see your private information, and that too will require your permission. No intruders or strangers can open your personal account information legally. With this, you can easily resolve your ‘How can I lock my Facebook profile in USA’ with ease. However, if you have a public account, this feature is of no use to you as you can not post anything publicly now. That means, now only your friends can see what you post or update.