How to Recover a Hacked Facebook Account?
With the advancement of social media, the unique methods of hacking are also increasing. If you are a regular user of a Facebook account and one fine day, you try to log in to your account and you just cannot access it, it can be due to many reasons.
- Password changed.
- Email id changed.
- The alternate phone number and email address changed.
And you are seeing that it states you active from someone else’s account but you just cannot review the activity on your account, as you no longer have access to it. It simply states that your account has been hacked and someone else is breaching your data and privacy. No worries, even in situations like these, Facebook has created varied measures.
Facebook Account Recovery
Follow the below-mentioned steps to log in to your account-
- In the normal tab of your web browser, open the Facebook login page.
- If you are entering your details but the credentials are not getting matched.
- Not only your password but also your email ID.
- Click on the Help center and go to Find your account section.
- Enter your email address or phone number to find your account.
- It will showcase different profiles on Facebook which has or in the past had the same details.
- Locate your account.
- Once you do, it will ask you to check certain boxes just to verify you’re not a bot.
- Once you do, a new webpage will open which will ask questions like-
- The day you created your account.
- The first mobile number associated with your account.
- The last login you remember, and even the location from which you tried to login to your account.
- Answer all the questions correctly.
- Once you do, it will review certain activities done from your account.
- Select whether or not those activities are done by you.
- If you answer all the questions accordingly, you’ll once again access to your account.
- It will redirect you to the password change webpage.
- Change your password.
- Make sure to use both Uppercase, lowercase and special characters in your password.
- Type it again to confirm it.
- Your new password will be set.
- Choose the option to log you out from all the devices.
- And this time, add only the trusted devices in your account, through which you can login to your account.
- After you gain access to your account.
- Go to the page of Manage or View my recent activity.
- And delete and block the recent locations from where your account was accessed.
- Update the additional email address and phone number.
- Once again, check your additional security on your Facebook account.
Facebook Phone Number
Therefore, with the help of the above-mentioned points one can easily get a clear picture of How to Recover a Hacked Facebook Account whether your password was changed or even if your email id was changed. You can once again gain access to your account with the help of the above-mentioned steps and continue with your Facebook account in a hassle-free manner.